Date: 4/29/19 3:49 pm
From: Jeff Gilligan <jeffgilligan10...>
Subject: [obol] Re: Shorebird Peak Day 4/29/19
Things really picked up today at Willapa Bay, WA.

In previous days Judy Meredith, Cindy Zalunardi and I have seen up to 2,000 Short-billed Dowitchers, and two flocks of Red knots (12 and 20). Lots of Dunlin, Sanderlings, Western and Least sandpipers, A few Whimbrels. One long-billed Curlew. Good numbers of Black-bellied Plovers. 5 Snowy Plovers on the beach, south of the restricted nesting area.

Jeff gilligan

> On Apr 29, 2019, at 12:27 PM, Tim Rodenkirk <timrodenkirk...> wrote:
>
> I am out in the Coast Range miles from the coast but Kathy Castelein just called to say today is the best movement they have seen in years. 20,000 shorebirds at boat ramp on the mud at New River now- they were going to go check out Bandon Marsh soon. They said big flocks moving all morning- I think they counted 1/2 million one year, this may be that type of day?
>
> Wish I was out on the beach somewhere!
>
> Tim R
> not in Coos Bay

POST: Send your post to <obol...>