Date: 4/29/19 11:36 am
From: Edward Boyd <edboyd59...>
Subject: Re: [MDBirding] Re: GWWA Montgomery
That doesn't help the half of the birding world that have Android based
phones. HOWEVER! Chuck Graham, a former member of the Maryland birding
community has developed a similar FREE app (Take that Apple fans) that can
be downloaded from Google Play. It's called "Bird Codes" and it has the
option to sort the list via 4-letter codes, English Names, Latin Names or
6-Letter Codes (based on Latin Name). The only complaint that I have with
the app is that you have to close and reopen the app to change the sort
order. The big plus is the ability to search via any of the 4 methods that
can provide a sort. For instance, you can search Northern Cardinal by
entering NOCA, Northern Cardinal, Cardinalis cardinalis, or CARCAR to get
that species filtered out from all of the other entries. Here's a link for
your convenience:
https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.lightkeeper54.kingfisher.birdcodes

Ed Boyd
Westminster, MD