Date: 4/28/19 8:19 pm
From: David Bailey <davidcbaileyoregon...>
Subject: [obol] Re: Loon in a tree at New River Nature Center/Coos Migration
Any chance it could have been a booby? Some Booby species are tree perch
regularly in trees. Cormorants do as well. Are you familiar with Pacific
Loon? I can only imagine a loon belly-flopped on a very wide branch. They
would not be able to perch on a branch like a swallow or kingfisher.

David

David C. Bailey
Seaside, Oregon

On Sun, Apr 28, 2019, 15:57 larspernorgren <larspernorgren...> wrote:

> I would think it impossible for a loon to perch in any tree, or acheive
> flight from any place but a long stretch of water.

Join us on Facebook!