Date: 4/27/19 8:38 pm
From: SUE RICCIARDI <susiericc...>
Subject: [MDBirding] Fort Smallwood Park Saturday, April 27, 2019 451 Raptors

5

Total:

451

3535

7403

Start Time: 8:00 am Daylight Time

End Time: 4:15 pm

Duration: 8.25 hours

Official Counter: Dave Mozurkevich, Chris Reed, Sue Ricciardi

Observers: Dave Mozurkevich, Chris Reed, Sue Ricciardi, Bob Rineer,
Hugh Hoffman, Dan Walker, Bill Hubick, Hal Wierenga, Lynn Davidson

Visitors: Mark Manheimer, Cindy Godwin, Ray Miskowski, Girl Scout
troop

Weather: Sunny; 54-70 degrees; Excellent visibility; winds extremely
strong from the west, 20-28 mph most of the day, gusting to 37 mph,
although gusts at times seemed much stronger.

Raptor Observations: We were blown away by the great flight today!
Unfortunately, that has to be taken literally. The hawks seemed to
have more fun maneuvering in the winds than we had keeping ourselves
and our gear from taking flight. Steady push of Sharp-shins and
vultures all day. Good variety.

Non-raptor Observations: New Arrivals: Common Tern (9), Cliff Swallow
(2), Indigo Bunting

Report submitted by Sue Ricciardi ( <susiericc...>)
More information at hawkcount.org: [ Site Profile] [ Day Summary] [
Month Summary]

Site Description
Fort Smallwood Park is located on the western shore of Chesapeake Bay
at the
mouth of the Patapsco River, 11 miles south of Baltimore, MD. Best
winds are
from the southwest.

Group 'Maryland & DC Birding'.
To view group guidelines or change email preferences, visit this group
on the web at http://www.mdbirding.com
Unfamiliar with a hotspot mentioned on this list? Quickly locate it
here - http://www.mdbirding.com/hotspot.html

Join us on Facebook!