Date: 4/27/19 3:17 pm
From: 'George Jett' via Maryland & DC Birding <mdbirding...>
Subject: Re: [MDBirding] MD May Count dates vs Global Big Day date
Jim May Count is historically been the 2nd Saturday in May.  That use to be the peak migration of songbirds.  eBird likely moved it since with global warming the birds are arriving a week earlier.My take. George

Sent from AOL Mobile Mail
On Saturday, April 27, 2019, JAMES SPEICHER <jugornought...> wrote:

I'm out of the loop a bit on this [non-attendance at WCBC meetings],
but wondered why the few May counts I've seen advertised show 5/11 vs
the GBD date of 5/4 [https://ebird.org/globalbigday]...

Jim Speicher
BroadRun/Burkittsville area
[FR] Frederick County MD
M.O.S. member, Washington [WA] Co Chapter