Date: 4/27/19 2:37 pm
From: Bob Schutsky <info...>
Subject: Nylon Mesh and Grass Seed
Dear PABirders,

This is not a bird sighting, but I felt that it is important enough to
post here.

Sometimes nylon mesh is used to hold down the straw that is spread over
newly spread grass seed. This procedure was used in two areas very
close to our home in Peach Bottom, Lancaster County. Nancy and I
recently found a Black Rat Snake and an American Robin that had become
entangled in the mesh. Fortunately we were able to free both of them by
carefully cutting the mesh. Had we not found them, both animals almost
certainly would have died.

Please watch any freshly seeded areas where nylon mesh may have been
used. It is a potential death trap, the same as discarded mono-filament
fishing line.

Thanks so much for caring, BOB & NANCY

BOB SCHUTSKY
Web Site www.birdtreks.com
--
BIRD TREKS--Quality North American Birding Tours
216 Spring Lane

Join us on Facebook!