Date: 4/27/19 1:11 am
From: Dave DeReamus <becard...>
Subject: Eastern PA Birdline: 4/27/2019
- RBA
* Pennsylvania
* Lehigh / Northampton Counties and Vicinity
* April 27, 2019
* PAEA1904.27

- Birds mentioned

COMMON GALLINULE
MARSH WREN
YELLOW-THROATED WARBLER
TRUMPETER SWAN
PACIFIC LOON
PINE SISKIN

- Transcript

Hotline: Eastern PA Birdline
Date: April 27th at 4:00 AM
To Report by E-Mail: Send to <becard...> with “Birdline” in subject
heading.
Compiler: Dave DeReamus
My reporting area includes all of Lehigh and Northampton Counties with the
northern edge of the area reaching Beltzville State Park and the southern
edge reaching Peace Valley Park in Bucks County. Updates are typically done
every Friday, more often when necessary.

You can visit the Lehigh Valley Audubon Society Website at
http://www.lvaudubon.org/ .

You can visit my 'Eastern PA Birding' Website for photos and information at
http://users.rcn.com/becard/home.html .

There will be a field trip to the Bethlehem Boat Club area on April 27th.
Meet at the Park & Ride lot at the William Penn Highway exit of Route 33,
just south of Route 22 at 7:30 AM. I will be leading this trip.

There will also be a field trip to the Lehigh Parkway on April 28th.
Meet at the Tilghman Square parking lot, near the Red Robin restaurant, just
west of Route 309 at 7:30 AM. Trip leader will be Barbara Malt.

Another field trip will be held at the Trexler Nature Preserve on May 4th.
Meet at the Lehigh Valley Zoo parking lot at 7:30 AM. Trip leader will be
Chris Hugosson.

Yet another field trip will be held at Jacobsburg State Park on May 5th.
Meet at the Henry’s Woods parking lot in the park at 7:30 AM. I will be
leading this trip.

Directions to many of the sites in this report can be found in the area’s
birding guidebook, “Birds of the Lehigh Valley and Vicinity”. A completely
revised, 2nd edition of the book can be ordered at:
http://www.lvaudubon.org/shop/ .

NOW FOR THE BIRDS!

Sightings from EAST BANGOR DAM, Northampton County:
COMMON GALLINULE – 1 on 4/20 and 4/21
MARSH WREN – 1 to at least 4/21.

Sightings from the BETHLEHEM BOAT CLUB area, Northampton County:
YELLOW-THROATED WARBLERS – 2 on 4/21.

Sightings from UPPER MILFORD TOWNSHIP, Lehigh County:
At the Burkhart Preserve:
Hooded Warbler – 1 on 4/24 (fairly early).

Sightings from BELTZVILLE STATE PARK, Carbon County:
TRUMPETER SWANS – 3 on 4/25 (‘fly-by’s)
PACIFIC LOON – 1 from 4/23 to at least 4/25
Red-breasted Mergansers – 1 on 4/20; 3 from 4/21 to 4/23; 1 on 4/24 and
4/25.

Sightings from LEASER LAKE, Lehigh County:
Bonaparte’s Gull – 1 on 4/22.

Sightings from GREEN LANE RESERVOIR, Montgomery County:
At the Walt Road area:
Caspian Terns – 4 on 4/20.

Sightings from LAKE NOCKAMIXON, Bucks County:
At the fishing pier:
PINE SISKINS – 6 on 4/22 (‘fly-by’s).

There were many new arrivals this past week, and many of them at least a
week or more early.

- End transcript

Join us on Facebook!