Date: 4/26/19 4:22 pm
From: 'Chris Edwards' via IA-BIRD <ia-bird...>
Subject: [ia-bird] Van Buren Co. Arrivals
I birded around Lake Sugema in Van Buren County today to scout for the IOU
meeting next weekend. I saw the following FOYs (some of which have already
been reported by others): SPOTTED SANDPIPER, EASTERN KINGBIRD, WHITE-EYED
VIREO, WARBLING VIREO, COMMON YELLOWTHROAT, YELLOW WARBLER, PALM WARBLER,
YELLOW-THROATED WARBLER, HENSLOW'S SPARROW, and NORTHERN ORIOLE. I also saw
a loose flock of 50+ YELLOW-RUMPED WARBLERS feeding on some type of flying
insects. A territorial RED-SHOULDERED HAWK was at Fox River WMA. The water
level at Fox River WMA and Mt. Sterling is high so there's no shorebird
habitat.

Chris Edwards
Solon, IA