Date: 4/23/19 5:01 pm
From: Dave Nutter <nutter.dave...>
Subject: [cayugabirds-l] Yellow-throated Warbler, South Spring Pool, Montezuma NWR
I just saw this notice from eBird, but nothing on CayugaBirds-L or the text rare bird alert yet. Nice description by Diane Traina of the Yellow-throated Warbler at the NYS-89 entrance to South Spring Pool at Montezuma NWR. (It’s shocking how many people don’t actually describe the rarities they report.) This is a species we don’t see every year in the Cayuga Lake Basin, although Dave Kennedy also found one 2 days ago next to Seneca Lake north of Willard Town Park. An invasion! I hope this one sticks around and is easier to refind.

- - Dave Nutter

Begin forwarded message:

> From: <ebird-alert...>
> Date: April 23, 2019 at 3:00:45 PM EDT
> To: Undisclosed recipients: ;
> Subject: [eBird Alert] Seneca County Rare Bird Alert <hourly>
>
> *** Species Summary:
>
> - Yellow-throated Warbler (1 report)

> NOTE: all sightings are UNCONFIRMED unless indicated
>
> Yellow-throated Warbler (Setophaga dominica) (1)
> - Reported Apr 23, 2019 13:36 by Diane Traina
> - Montezuma NWR--South Spring Pool, Seneca, New York
> - Map: http://maps.google.com/?ie=UTF8&t=p&z=13&q=42.97062,-76.772992&ll=42.97062,-76.772992
> - Checklist: https://ebird.org/view/checklist/S55303176
> - Comments: "Bright yellow throat from base of bill to top of breast. Striped on flanks, white wing bars. White eyebrow stripe. Black around eye extending down side of cheek and neck. Grey clear belly to tail. Greyish on back. Seen just past post from entrance at art 89. "

ARCHIVES:

http://ebird.org/content/ebird/