Date: 4/23/19 5:11 am
From: Tim Rodenkirk <timrodenkirk...>
Subject: [obol] Coos Migrants 4/22/2019
Was working east of Myrtle Point, Coos in the forested Coast Range on
Monday. I was in a Doug-fir stand about 50 years old adjacent to old
growth. As soon as I got out of my truck I heard a N Pygmy Owl calling from
the older stand, they are pretty easy to hear this time of year.

The stand I was doing plant surveys in was packed with singing birds- many
HERMIT, BLACK-THROATED GRAY and WILSON’S WARBLERS and lots of PACIFIC-SLOPE
FLYCATCHERS. Early in the day I could stand at any one spot and hear two or
three of each singing. I had four Pac Slopes calling/singing close to me at
one point- very cool day!
Also heard my first EVENING GROSBEAKS.

Happy birding,
Tim R