Date: 4/15/19 3:43 pm
From: Patrick Comins via CTBirds <ctbirds...>
Subject: [CT Birds] Fwd: Great Gull Spring Work Weekends
Please see below for information on upcoming work weekends on Great Gull Island:

Patrick Comins, executive director, Connecticut Audubon Society

Begin forwarded message:

From: "Kopsco, Douglas" <Douglas.Kopsco...><mailto:<Douglas.Kopsco...>>
Date: April 15, 2019 at 5:42:29 PM EDT
To: <hays...><mailto:<hays...>>
Subject: GGI Spring Work Weekends

Greetings one & all –

Helen has asked me, as keeper of the e-mail list, to send you this message from her in hopes that it inspires you all to come out to the island at some point in the coming weeks. I hope it does the trick!

- Doug

Hello all,

Spring is here! Trees and flowers are in bloom. At the end of the month the terns will be coming back to Great Gull Island. It is time to get the island ready for them and to mark their nests in May once they start laying eggs. Captain George Main will be taking boats out to the island on Fridays to take people out for work weekends. He will pick people up on Sundays for the return to the mainland. Work weekends are tentatively scheduled for the following weekends. Please let Helen know if you are interested in going out to help on one or more of them. (Her email is: <hays...><mailto:<hays...>)

Friday, April 26 - Sunday, April 28

Friday, May 3 - Sunday, May 5

Friday, May 10, - Sunday, May 12

Friday, May 17 - Sunday, May 19

Friday, May 24 - Monday, May 27 (Memorial Day)

Cheers!

- Helen