Date: 4/7/19 6:03 pm
From: Arthur Shippee via CTBirds <ctbirds...>
Subject: [CT Birds] Waite bridge & Lake Whitney, Apr 6, 2019
Waite St. Bridge: the Upper Lake Whitney heronry seems to be growing apace. Saturday, I watched some GBHE's hauling branches up to nests — one even dropped a particularly big branch into the lake. I counted 11 nests, I'm not sure if all are active this year, and I may have missed some. Short of getting RWA permission for a drone overflight, I'm not quite sure how to census accurately. Met a couple of photographers there, too, it's a hopping place (Hi, S., hope the drive home wasn't bad!)

Some Osprey wandering around & hanging out by the platform; not sure if the pair will get its act together this year.

Report below; also, 10 Ring-necked Ducks (8M/2F) in another part of the lake.

Arthur Shippee, Hamden.