Date: 3/14/19 3:18 pm
From: Gerianne Carillo <gerianne...> [osbirds] <osbirds...>
Subject: [osbirds] Barred Owl
Hi all,

While driving a friend of Carly’s home from a play date, on CR 44 in Milford, Carly and I saw a good sized bird on a wire, intent on something below it.

I turned the car around, curious as to the ID of this bird. It took us 2 passes to figure out that it was a Barred Owl! I have never seen a Barred Owl on a wire, mich like a Red-tail might have been, hunting for food.

Cool!

Carly’s comment (when I thought it might be a Red-tail and we finally ID’d it): MOM, when it turned its head 350°, I KNEW it couldn’t be a Red-tail! 🤣. I got a good little naturalist birder there 😉

Gerianne

Gerianne Carillo
Sent from my iPhone

All postings to osbirds are protected by copyright law.

<*> Your email settings:
Individual Email | Traditional

<*> To change settings online go to:
(Yahoo! ID required)