Date: 3/14/19 2:41 pm
From: Lyle & Dennis Drier <ddrier1...>
Subject: [wisb] FOY birds
We made our way to the madison area today, since it was so nice this morning.
At 9 springs, the ponds are still pretty frozen, but we did see numerous sandhill cranes, 2 buffleheads, canada geese and killdeer. We also robins there and American tree sparrows. Lower mud lake had many ducks, including green wing teal, shoveler, gadwall, goldeneye, bufflehead, ring neck, canvasback, common and red neck mergansers and redheads. Also present were tundra swans and bald eagles. While at the north end of mud lake (in Lewis Park), there was a pair of trumpeter swans..and the surprise of the day...17 white pelicans flew over!
On the way home we saw hundreds of starlings, at least 6 red tail hawks and our FOY turkey vultures.
Dennis and Lyle Drier
Waukesha
Sent from my iPad