Date: 3/14/19 12:49 pm
From: <wilmoss...>
Subject: [wisb] Twelve FOMY Birds (Winnebago County)

Quite the early spring migration today. Twelve new birds for my 2019
list (my year starts on March 1st as that is when we moved back to
Wisconsin a few years back)

In Neenah at the house and driving toward Menasha. Common Grackle,
American Robin and Shovelers.

At the Trestle Trail. (1) Horned Grebe, Herring Gulls, (2) Common
Mergansers, (1) Redhead, (6) Gadwalls, (6) Black Ducks, (2) Great Blue
Herons, (1/2 a V - a flyby) White Fronted Geese. Not first of the
year, but also worth noting Many Goldeneye and eight bald eagles at
one time, several sandhill cranes.

The main duck watching spot at the mouth of river in Menasha was too
foggy to see anything except blobs.

Outside of town I saw about two dozen horned larks in the field
yesterday. Hope everyone was as successful as we were today.

Rory Williams