Date: 3/14/19 12:06 pm
From: Jan Braumuller <janbraumuller...>
Subject: [MDBirding] Riley’s Lock 11:45–1:15
First, thank you to all who replied to my morning query about sightings. I saw 1 Pied-billed Grebe and 1 Horned Grebe on Seneca Creek.
Also, on the Potomac, a pair of Red-breasted Mergansers were about 1/4 mile upstream actively diving very near the shore. I dipped on the RTLoon and the Eared Grebe. Saw my FOS Eastern Phoebe. It was an enjoyable outing.
I went to Violettes Lock and walked upstream about 1/4 mile, but I did not locate the RTLoon. The wind was whipping up white caps on the river.
Good luck to the folks who go this evening!
Jan Braumuller
Arlington

Sent from my iPad