Date: 3/6/19 12:36 pm
From: SteveLombardi <hotrock175...>
Subject: [SFBirds] Fabulous March Birdathon events available
Hi All,

We still have a few spots available for three of our great March Birdathon fund-raising events.
We have two wonderful "behind the scenes" trips...to the Oakland Zoo and to the California Academy of Science.
As well as an opportunity to go birding and eat chocolate all on the same day in Alameda.
The event descriptions and registration links are below.

Birdathon will run into early May.
Here's a link to the trip schedule if you'd like to see more great events.
https://goldengateaudubon.org/birdathon-2019-fundraising-trips/

*Behind the Scenes at the Oakland Zoo*
Sunday March 24, 10 a.m. to 4 p.m.
Leslie Storer, Tom & Diane Bennett
Min. Donation: $100
Click HERE ( https://goldengateaudubon.z2systems.com/np/clients/goldengateaudubon/eventRegistration.jsp?event=3947& ) to register
(Please consider an additional donation to GGAS when you register)

You will be treated to private talks with several keepers. Our tour will highlight major recent events, including a new aviary and California Trail. Lunch on your own at the Landing Cafe or bring your own. Either way, take in a spectacular view of the Bay Area while you dine. After lunch, your experience continues with a guided walking tour of CA Trail and the opportunity to observe training sessions.  Limit 14 people.

*
Behind the Scenes at the California Academy*
Hurry! Only 2 spots left.
March 28, 5:30 p.m. – 7:00 p.m. (option to stay to 10 p.m. for NightLife)
Jack Dumbacher, Dir. of Mammals and Ornithology
Min. Donation $100
Click HERE ( https://goldengateaudubon.z2systems.com/np/clients/goldengateaudubon/eventRegistration.jsp?event=4037& ) to register
(Please consider an additional donation to GGAS when you register)

Enjoy a private tour of the world-renowned bird collection at the California Academy of Sciences in San Francisco. Curator of Ornithology Jack Dumbacher will guide you through the collection of 100,000 bird specimens dating back to the 1800s. Afterwards, enjoy free admission to the Academy’s monthly Night Life event for those 21 years of age and older. Limit 12 people

*
Birds and Chocolate in Alameda*
March 30, 10 a.m. – 2:30 p.m.
Joyce Mercado and Sharol Nelson-Embry
Min. Donation $50
Click HERE ( https://goldengateaudubon.z2systems.com/np/clients/goldengateaudubon/eventRegistration.jsp?event=3917& ) to register
(Please consider an additional donation to GGAS when you register)

Begin the day at the Elsie Roemer Bird Sanctuary in Alameda. The shoreline will be packed with overwintering shorebirds! The overlook and trail provide close access to identify and observe these birds, along with ducks, pelicans, egrets, and maybe a flyover of a peregrine, or kingfisher! Bring a bag lunch to enjoy on the beach if weather permits. At the host house, we’ll discover some of the finest luxury chocolates in the world, many made locally. Choose your favorites while you learn about rainforest ecosystems, conservation issues, and how our love of chocolate impacts wildlife. Limit 15 people.

Good birding,

Steve Lombardi
Golden Gate Audubon Society

-=-=-