Date: 2/11/19 4:05 pm
From: Thomas Miko <thomas_miko...> [LACoBirds] <LACoBirds-noreply...>
Subject: [LACoBirds] Re: Apollo Park owls
Well that was exciting. As soon as I hit "send" I walked up to the next tree to look for the barn owl and flushed three long-eared owls out of the tree. They were inside of a small dense pine tree that has noticeable amounts of whitewash on the ground. This tree is very close to the first yellow, red, and green playground jungle gym and swing set when you first walk into the park. Walk past that children's area and it's the first set of pine trees you come to. It is halfway between the lake and the fence.I suspect that they like this tree, because when I walk back over here to try to give a good description of the tree I flush to one of the owls out again.

The temperature is dropping and I'm seriously considering the fact that I should probably drive home now before there's ice on the road. I drove in on the 158 this morning and I could see ice patches along the sides of the road. There is a good section of the 158 in San Bernardino County where snow had to come down to the highway itself.probably should take the 14 home. By the way, there are multiple species of a swallows here.

Tom Miko Claremont
909.241.3400

Thomas Geza Miko
653 S. Indian Hill Blvd.,#C