Date: 2/11/19 11:02 am
From: Mark Holmgren <maholmgren33...>
Subject: [sbcobirding] Black Rd and North County
Sandhill Crane is present this morning on Black Road north of Betteravia. Five species of expected gulls also present, none out of the ordinary. I will return there for another look later this morning.
A Palm Warbler at Santa Maria Wastewater Treatment Plant.
Full results posted to eBird later.
Mark Holmgren
Santa Barbara

> On Feb 10, 2019, at 8:18 PM, Nick Lethaby <nlethaby...> wrote:
>
> All,
>
> My original plan was to spend some time birding the trail towards Pt Sal for raptors. But I arrived to find the parks service had closed the trail and fenced it off. It seems like N. County parks are conspiring against me. Fortunately, the SMRE was open. I had 37 White Pelicans at the mouth and the gull flock here had 22 Herring and an adult Thayer's. The flooded fields by the entrance road had a lot of ducks included a Wood Duck and 2 BW Teals. At the flooded field along Black Rd, I saw the crane and more gulls.
>
> I then checked out Ocean Park. The gull flock here was pretty small but had 13 Herring Gulls and an adult Black-legged Kittiwake. There are still plenty of Eared Grebes and a Horned Grebe and Pelagic Cormorant are still present. A cursory check of Sudden Rd failed to turn up any raptors of interest.
>
> --
> Nick Lethaby
> Goleta, CA
>
> <nlethaby...>