Date: 2/10/19 8:23 pm
From: Jeff Holbrook <birdpany...>
Subject: Tioga Co. NW, WRS
Subject: [PABIRDS] Tioga, NW WRS

Mostly non-forested areas of Tioga Co. Pa, north of Rt. 6 and west of Rt. 15
except for start at Lawrenceville Station at the PA/NY state line.

GPX file will be attached to email sent to Greg Grove.

County: - Tioga, Rt. # ???

Date: - 02-10-19

Observers: -Jeff Holbrook

Time on Route: -5 hr 02 min

Start/End: - 1016/1518

Miles on Route: - 82.0

#TVs: - 0

#BVs: - 0

#Harriers (Male/Female/Imm.): - 0/0/0 - 0 total

#Red-tails (Ad./Imm./ND): - 12/1/0 - 13 total

#Rough-legs (Light/Dark): - 0/4 - 4 total

#Kestrels (M/F/ND): - 0/0/0 - 0 total

Sharp-shins(Ad/Imm.): - 0/0/0 - 0 total

Cooper's (Ad/Imm.): - 0/0 - 0 total

Red-shouldered hawks (Ad/Imm.): - 0/0 - 0 total

Bald Eagles (Ad./Imm.)- 0/0 - 0 total

Other raptors: - 0

Shrikes or Owls: - 0

Avg. Temperature: - 26 deg. F

Sky(Clear/ Pt cloudy/ Cloudy): - clear at start, 100% overcast at end Wind
(light/medium/strong): - light Avg. Snow Cover: - random patches but mostly
none

Birds of Note:

Wild Turkey - 8

Pileated Woodpecker - 1

Eastern Bluebird - 4

Northern Mockingbird - 4

Red-winged Blackbird - 7

Non-natives:

Muscovy Duck - 25

Guinea Hen - 1

Corvids:

American Crow - 156

Common Raven - 0 First time ever, since 2003 that I've been skunked on
Common Ravens

No eagles either!! None were seen at or near the nest on Cowanesque Lake.

Year 17 for this route. Last year's route was cut short after I wiped out on
icy roads and was not posted.

This seems like the worst year ever! I was observing alone. Hard to drive
and spot at the same time.

I'd love to have a compatriot on this route. It is an easy route. Once I got
off of Rt. 49, I only had 12 cars or less pass me in any direction along 77
miles of the route.

Kindest Regards,

Jeff Holbrook

Corning, NY