Date: 2/10/19 8:22 pm
From: David Muth <MuthD...>
Subject: [LABIRD-L] Lower Plaquemines Parish
Labird:

Today for the third weekend in a row I joined motley crew checking on stakeouts in lower Plaquemines-from West Ravenna Rd. to Venice. The day did not disappoint. I personally saw 14 species of warbler-tying my personal best for the Parish in winter, and at least two more species were seen by others today.

Over the last two weeks, the following very uncommon to extremely rare species have been reliably recorded:

Greater Scaup
Broad-winged Hawk (at least three today)
Chuck-Will's-Widow
Groove-billed Ani
Black-chinned Hummingbird
GRAY FLYCATCHER !!!
"WESTERN FLYCATCHER"
Least Flycatcher
Ash-throated Flycatcher
Western Kingbird
Scissor-tailed Flycatcher
Vermillion Flycatcher
BELL's VIREO
Red-Breasted Nuthatch
WOOD THRUSH
Purple Finch
Ovenbird
Northern Waterthrush
GOLDEN-WINGED WARBLER !!! (Again today)
PROTHONOTARY WARBLER !!
Black-and-White Warbler
Tennessee Warbler (today)
Northern Parula
MAGNOLIA WARBLER !
CAPE MAY WARBLER !!
Black-throated Green Warbler
Yellow-throated Warbler
Prairie Warbler
Black-headed Grosbeak (at least three individuals)
Indigo Bunting
Painted Bunting
Lark Sparrow
Summer Tanager
Western Tanager
Orchard Oriole

I am sure I am leaving something out. A few of us heard what we all believe was a Rose-breasted Grosbeak calling as well.

Ebird lists will be posted by various parties covering today's birding bacchanal.

David Muth
New Orleans

Join us on Facebook!