Date: 2/10/19 3:47 pm
From: Rennie Talbert <renniett...>
Subject: Cabell, Mason, and Putnam Co. birding
Amy and I hit the following hotspots today: Greenbottom, Ashton Ponds, Robert C Byrd L&D, McClintic WMA, Krodel Park, Rt. 817, and Winfield L&D. We saw Gary's car in the parking lot of Byrd L&D, but we went along the river and he was gone by the time we got back to the parking lot. We saw a few good birds, and got several first of the years, which I won't bore you with.

Highlights:

Greenbottom:

Ring-necked Ducks
Gadwalls
Bald Eagle (looked like a second year bird)
Wood Duck
Hooded Merganser

Ashton Ponds

Canvasbacks
Redheads

Byrd L&D

White-winged Scoters (2)
Canvasbacks
Greater Scaup

Krodel Park:

Bufflehead
Canvasback
Horned Grebe

Rt. 817 (most of the bird seen were in a flooded field at the mouth of Three Mile Road

Northern Pintails
Wood Ducks
Ring-necked Ducks
Canvasbacks
Tundra Swans (9)

Winfield L&D

Hooded Mergansers

We saw a lot of birds today, especially at the mouth of Three Mile Road, which had hundreds of Canada Geese and ducks.

Rennie Talbert
Barboursville

Join us on Facebook!