Date: 2/10/19 11:08 am
From: Tom Brown <tshrike19...>
Subject: Re: [JERSEYBI] Banded Red-winged Blackbird
Hi Sandra,

You can go to “report band” on the banding lab website, you should be able
to put the combination of color (auxillary) bands even w/o the metal band
number . It will ask for leg/color combo, I do wonder if a color band may
have come off the right leg though. There was a group banding rwbl in
northern N.Y. several years back.

Cheers,

Tom Brown

On Sun, Feb 10, 2019 at 1:23 PM Sandra Mc <jerseyb...> wrote:

> Hi JerseyBirders:
>
> At my feeder today, three male Red-winged Blackbirds arrived, first of the
> year. On closer inspection, one of the three was banded. He has two orange
> bands on his left leg and a silver band on the right. I think that was the
> banding. They flew off before I could get the scope on them for details.
>
> I do not have information on where to report a band for this bird. Could
> someone please help me narrow it down a bit.
>
> Thank you.
>
> Sandy McNicol
> Kingwood Township
>

> How to report NJ bird sightings: see <