Date: 2/7/19 1:23 pm
From: Kearns, Amy <AKearns...>
Subject: [IN-BIRD-L] Breeding Bird Survey update (no sightings)
One week ago, I shared a need for more Breeding Bird Survey volunteers. The response from birders has been astounding! There is only one vacant route in Indiana remaining, which is the lowest vacancy rate in at least 20 years! I want to thank all the volunteers – from the ones who just signed up, to the veterans who have been counting for years. THANK YOU so much for everything you do! We could not monitor bird populations this accurately nationwide without your help!

For more info on the BBS and to view vacant routes, please visit the BBS website:

https://www.pwrc.usgs.gov/BBS/index.cfm

Amy Kearns
Mitchell

Join us on Facebook!