Date: 2/6/19 12:55 pm
Subject: 25 and a Siskin Re: Purple Finch continues on James Is, SC
Dennis,

I am surprised you do not have more good finches in your neighborhood’s
excellent (and strategically-located) habitat.

By way of comparison, there have been 25+ Purple Finches scarfing sunflower
seeds for 3 weeks at 'Rancho Dias' in western Charleston. This past Sunday
the first Pine Siskin of the season appeared.

The really nice thing is that last week, American Goldfinch numbers swelled
from a handful to over 100. But Nyjer seed sure is expensive these days!

And a White-winged Dove has been making very sporadic appearances - once or
twice a week.

Still hoping against hope for Evening Grosbeaks.

Nathan Dias - Charleston, SC

On Wed, Feb 6, 2019 at 9:33 AM Dennis Forsythe <carolinabirds...>
wrote:

> All,
>
> Donna and I continue to have a female Purple Finch in our yard on James
Is, SC.

--
https://urldefense.proofpoint.com/v2/url?u=https-3A__www.flickr.com_photos_offshorebirder2_&d=DwIFaQ&c=imBPVzF25OnBgGmVOlcsiEgHoG1i6YHLR0Sj_gZ4adc&r=ymRCw6Q-sBitug_rdeO1Tokz-I_SX2LQN2_Ocvlal9U&m=IgSGpPoHMCjSUd7HqN3m1XnIQQMTB-3hZGRmT6oZO0U&s=bH9r80R1LVwU4epHSAeuAmPkeVyQaKGbtoeuVjGOC1M&e=

"These days I prefer to hunt with a camera. A good photograph demands more
skill from the hunter, better nerves and more patience than the rifle
shot." -- Bror Blixen

--
https://urldefense.proofpoint.com/v2/url?u=https-3A__www.flickr.com_photos_offshorebirder2_&d=DwIFaQ&c=imBPVzF25OnBgGmVOlcsiEgHoG1i6YHLR0Sj_gZ4adc&r=ymRCw6Q-sBitug_rdeO1Tokz-I_SX2LQN2_Ocvlal9U&m=IgSGpPoHMCjSUd7HqN3m1XnIQQMTB-3hZGRmT6oZO0U&s=bH9r80R1LVwU4epHSAeuAmPkeVyQaKGbtoeuVjGOC1M&e=

"These days I prefer to hunt with a camera. A good photograph demands more
skill from the hunter, better nerves and more patience than the rifle
shot." -- Bror Blixen

Join us on Facebook!