Date: 2/6/19 6:36 am
From: Rose M Joy <0000049fa5a9715e-dmarc-request...>
Subject: Re: [JERSEYBI] Pennington Eagle Nest
Hi,
The Pennington BE nest is monitored by a volunteer for the CWFNJ Bald Eagle Project. I see the nest failed in 2018, not sure of the reason. In 2018, there were 204 pairs of Bald Eagle that were monitored in NJ.

You can read more about the conservation project here:

http://www.conservewildlifenj.org/protecting/projects/baldeagle/

There are Annual reports as well as other publications if you scroll down

Rose Joy
Somerset

> On Feb 5, 2019, at 11:33 PM, Doctor Science <science.dr...> wrote:
>
> There is an occupied bald eagle nest (see checklist, not mine:
> https://ebird.org/view/checklist/S52186020 ) to the northeast of this old
> checklist location: https://ebird.org/view/checklist/S21798676. Is there any
> way of finding out whether it's been reported to the NJ DFW? Can I assume
> that they monitor ebird?
>
> The nest location is not ideal for avoiding human disturbance--I will be
> surprised if they manage to fledge a chick at that location. But I started
> living in NJ in 1974, when there was one (1) eagle nest in the whole state
> and it was never successful due to DDT, so seeing this nest as I drive down
> the road every day fills me with stunned hope.
>
> Doctor Science
> Hopewell Twp.
>

> How to report NJ bird sightings: see <www.njbrc.com/index.php/reporting-rare-birds/>
> or e-mail to <njbrcreport...>