Date: 2/2/19 10:58 am
From: Ken Schneider <kschnei1...>
Subject: [SFBirds] Black-legged Kittiwake at Cliff House (2 Feb)
Hi all,

I had brief looks and managed a single photo of an immature Black-legged Kittiwake seen just offshore from the Cliff House at about 0815 this morning.  A bit more detail at my eBird checklist here:
https://ebird.org/view/checklist/S52301096

I think the photo supports my ID, but I'm a little puzzled by the apparent dark markings on the underside of the left wing (perhaps the primary coverts?), which I don't see as expected in the field guides I checked... comments welcome.

Good birding!
Ken Schneider
Noe Valley

-=-=-