Date: 2/2/19 4:07 am
From: Frank Mantlik via CTBirds <ctbirds...>
Subject: Re: [CT Birds] Westport: Long eared owl call?
Hi Tony,
The vocalization you describe are probably from Long-eared Owls. Their long deep hoots are pretty distinctive. They are around during our CT winter; many go undetected due to their secretive daytime roosts, usually in evergreens but often in dense tangles of Bittersweet vines, etc. There have been Long-eareds in Fairfield, Westport, and Milford at times this winter.

Frank Mantlik
Stratford

Sent from my iPad