Date: 2/1/19 7:07 pm
From: W. Robert Shade III <wrshade3...>
Subject: [cobirds] Rusty Blackbirds still at First Creek and E. 56th Ave Denver County
Thanks to Peter Gent's excellent directions on 1/27 Micki and I found the
Rusty Blackbirds, two males and a females. They were skulking in reeds and
cattails but we were able to see them by climbing the bank of what looks to
be like preliminary construction for a new bridge and looking down on them.
Great site fidelity! I was surprised to see no rusty color whatsoever; both
genders were in complete breeding plumage. Sibley says the males are in
breeding plumage in January and the females in March.

Bob Shade
Lakewood