Date: 1/31/19 1:27 am
From: fatroosterfarm <fatroosterfarm...>
Subject: Re: [VTBIRD] VTBIRD Digest - 29 Jan 2019 to 30 Jan 2019 (#2019-28)
,

Sent from my T-Mobile 4G LTE Device
-------- Original message --------From: VTBIRD automatic digest system <LISTSERV...> Date: 1/31/19 00:00 (GMT-05:00) To: <VTBIRD...> Subject: VTBIRD Digest - 29 Jan 2019 to 30 Jan 2019 (#2019-28)

Topics of the day:

  1. Song Sparrows the last couple of weeks in the Champlain Basin (2)
  2. Red Crossbills in Richmond?
  3. Strange sight
  4. Saint Michael's College Natural Area,...Lost Eyeglasses

Date:    Wed, 30 Jan 2019 05:33:16 -0500
From:    Janet Warren <jwarren...>
Subject: Re: Song Sparrows the last couple of weeks in the Champlain Basin

We have a song sparrow here on South Bingham in Cornwall.  I thought I must have been mistaken. It is hanging out with juncos and tree sparrows.
Janet Warren
Cornwall

------------------------------

Date:    Wed, 30 Jan 2019 08:59:24 -0500
From:    Sandy Witherell <homefarm...>

One song sparrow at feeder Jan. 28, 2019 with tree sparrows, juncos,
cardinals........

Sandy Witherell
western Shoreham

------------------------------

Date:    Wed, 30 Jan 2019 12:06:44 -0500
From:    Maeve Kim <maevulus...>
Subject: Red Crossbills in Richmond?

About an hour and a half ago, a flock of a dozen or so birds passed over downtown Richmond. It was snowing and I didn’t get a good look at all, but they sounded like Red Crossbills (maybe Type 2?). They were flying south to north or northwest. If you’re in the area of the Richmond CSWD drop-off center or maybe North Williston, keep an ear out for them!
Maeve Kim
Jericho Center

------------------------------

Date:    Wed, 30 Jan 2019 14:07:50 -0500
From:    Sue <2birdvt...>
Subject: Re: Strange sight

Maybe an avian CPR attempt?
Sue Wetmore

Sent from my iPod

------------------------------

Date:    Wed, 30 Jan 2019 15:10:21 -0500
From:    Martha & Bill McClintock <mbmcclintock...>
Subject: Saint Michael's College Natural Area,...Lost Eyeglasses

A long shot...On Saturday I was birding at St. Michael's College Natural
Area.  My glasses got foggy when using my binoculars so I took the glasses
off and (thought) I put them in a pocket.  I missed the pocket and later,
when I discovered the loss, could not find my clear plastic glasses in the
white snow.

If, by some chance, a sharp eyed birder finds clear plastic glasses with
progressive lenses at St. Mike's Natural Area,  I would LOVE to have them
back.

Thanks,
Martha McClintock
(usually birding in) Westford

End of VTBIRD Digest - 29 Jan 2019 to 30 Jan 2019 (#2019-28)