Date: 1/27/19 2:30 pm
From: Bruce and Sherri Carl <000000e695e98431-dmarc-request...>
Subject: WRS - Northern Lancaster County
PA BIRDERS,

A very successful day doing my 8th WRS for Northern Lancaster County. Start point is at the intersection of Meadow Valley Rd & Rothsville Rd traveling west and north and ending at Middle Creek WMA at the Willow Point parking lot. A new daily high count of (249) total birds of an amazing (12) species were identified today. It was like a hawk watch on wheels! Some highlights include a Light Phase Rough-legged Hawk (1), (2) Peregrine Falcons, (1) Merlin, (1) Red-shouldered Hawk and (3) Northern Harriers. New daily high counts included Northern Harrier (3), Black Vulture (61), Turkey Vulture (116) and Peregrine Falcon (2). Some other birds of note included Common Raven (1), Red-headed Woodpecker (1) and Great Horned Owl (1).

My report is shown below and my ebird checklist link is at the end of this email.

County - LANCASTER

Date - 1/27/2019

Observers- (1) Bruce A Carl

Total time Hours: 5 Minutes- 38

Start time 9:07 AM

End time 3:09 PM (24 minute lunch/break)

Miles on route 67.4

# Harriers 3

(2 F)

(1 imm)

# Red-tails 43

(37 adult)

(1 imm)

(5 nd)

# Rough-legs- 1

Light 1

Dark

# Kestrels- 6

M 4

F 2

ND-

# TVs 116

# BVs- 61

Red-shoulders 1

Bald Eagles- 10

Ad 4

Imm. 6

Other raptors

Merlin 1

Peregrine Falcon 2

Cooper’s Hawk 3

Sharp-shinned Hawk 2

Shrikes?

Avg Temp.- Start – 33 degrees End – 45 degrees

Mostly Cloudy at Start Mostly Cloudy at Finish

Winds - SE at 5 mph at Start SW at 10-15 mph at Finish

Avg Snow cover depth - no snow

Other birds of note - Common Raven (1), Red-headed Woodpecker (1), Great Horned Owl (1).

View this checklist online at <https://ebird.org/view/checklist/S52109883> https://ebird.org/view/checklist/S52109883

Bruce A Carl

Akron, PA

Lancaster County