Date: 1/25/19 3:32 pm
From: Tom Grey <tgrey...>
Subject: Re: [MBBIRDS] This morning at New Brighton Beach
Belated report stimulated by Lisa's post: Spent Xmas week with family in a
rental house by the campground on the bluff overlooking New Brighton Beach.
Short walk down to the beach allowed me to photograph a good range of bird
species, including all the shorebirds mentioned by Lisa; also seen well
offshore along with many Surf Scoters, feeding pelicans, and a Western
Grebe, one each of COMMON LOON and juvenile RED-THROATED LOON (poor distant
photo of latter). The good birding added to a week of with lots of good
weather and endless great views, capped by the awe-inspiring sunset of
12/22/18.

Bird pictures at http://www.pbase.com/tgrey/aptos_xmas18 .

--
Tom Grey