Date: 1/25/19 4:13 am
From: Jimmy Woodard <j.woodard...>
Subject: Crested Caracara/ Claypool, Jefferson County
Yesterday, I found one Crested Caracara at the normal spot at
Claypool in Stephens County along Hwy 70.

It was found approximately 9 miles east of the Hwy 81/70
intersection near Waurika.

There is a large green field on the north side of the road.
Looks to be planted in maybe winter wheat. There are

A lot of cows and a few dead cows were seen. While scanning
the field, I saw a caracara come flying into view

heading south. The bird continued it's unwavering flight due
south over the highway and then disappeared from

view over a ridge.

If you plan to drive the ranch roads in this area to look for
the bird, be cautioned that many are heavily rutted

and potholed due to the recent rains. I didn't have to worry
about getting stuck but I did high center a couple of

times.

Jimmy Woodard

Midwest City, OK

Join us on Facebook!