Date: 1/21/19 8:13 pm
From: David Lawton via CTBirds <ctbirds...>
Subject: Re: [CT Birds] 2016 Curlew Sandpiper?
Still interested to hear what others may think, but I ultimately agree with
Paul (and my original observation in the field). Although there is a fair
amount of variability in juv. Curlew Sandpiper, this bird is too contrasty,
with a very dark back--and the legs aren't convincingly black. It's an
awfully long, downcurved bill for a Pec, but the photos are poor quality,
Pec is much more likely--and there just isn't enough evidence to overturn
the ruling on/in the field.

David Lawton
Avon, CT

--