Date: 1/21/19 7:34 pm
From: David Lawton via CTBirds <ctbirds...>
Subject: Re: [CT Birds] 2016 Curlew Sandpiper?
And a photo of the Pectoral seen at Fisher Meadows a few days before (much
better photo!):

https://ebird.org/media/catalog?bmo=9&taxonCode=pecsan&yr=YCUSTOM&mr=MCUSTOM&mediaType=p&sort=rating_rank_desc&ey=2016&region=Hartford,%20Connecticut,%20United%20States%20(US)&emo=9&regionCode=US-CT-003&by=2016&q=Pectoral%20Sandpiper

Le lun. 21 janv. 2019 à 21:51, David Lawton <lawtonesq...> a écrit :

> pecs with longish bills:
>
> https://goo.gl/images/zwbsk9
>
> https://goo.gl/images/9hYYqQ
>
> https://goo.gl/images/kZUZCE
>

> On Mon, Jan 21, 2019, 9:40 PM David Lawton <lawtonesq...> wrote:
>
>> See juvenile Curlew Sandpipers:
>>
>> https://goo.gl/images/nM9oLm
>>
>> https://goo.gl/images/9BRkun
>>
>> https://goo.gl/images/K1CWBW
>>

>> On Mon, Jan 21, 2019, 9:35 PM David Lawton <lawtonesq...> wrote:
>>
>>> That's what I thought, but Curlew Sandpiper is extremely variable, and I
>>> haven't found any Pecs with a bill so clearly and thinly downcurved like
>>> this. Juvenile Stilt seems like another possibility but it's not so tall.
>>> Leg color would be diagnostic but not clear in the photos.

D. Lawton