Date: 1/11/19 2:10 pm
From: Steve <stevethiessen...>
Subject: [wisb] Johnson Creek Gulls

Kris Perlberg and I got over to Johnson Creek, around 10am.. There were around 200 gulls on the ice, at the pond just east of McDonald’s. We stood outside and scoped for over an hour, took a break ,came back and scoped for another ½ hour. Of course, the clouds came and the wind picked up. We saw 3 Glaucous (1st and 2nd year and adult), 2 adult Great Black-backed Gulls, 1 or 2 adult Lesser Black-backed Gulls , 1 adult Kumlien’s Iceland and at least 3 adult Thayer’s and 1 or 2 1st winter Thayer’s.
There would be turn over in the gulls , so we maybe looked at 400 different gulls on the ice.
Steve Thiessen Stoughton Dane co.

Sent from Mail for Windows 10