Date: 1/10/19 6:53 pm
From: Tom Wood <tcwood729...>
Subject: [wisb] Re: Request for State Totals from Birders - question
Bob can clarify if he chooses, but I believe we should submit what is
included on the official state checklist as determined by the WSO Records
Committee:

https://wsobirds.org/images/pdfs/Checklist-03012017.pdf

Most birders I talk to believe that European Goldfinch and Great Tit will
eventually make the list, but unless there has been a recent revision to the
state list, that has not happened yet. I also do not include Bobwhite in my
totals, since I have heard most of the birds in the state are releases or
escapes, and how would we know? I guess in some cases each birder must use
his/her judgment as to whether a bird is a wild bird or not.

Thomas Wood, Menomonee Falls, Waukesha County