Date: 1/10/19 4:37 pm
From: Mark Rolfes <mark.rolfes...>
Subject: [ia-bird] Re: Short-eared Owls Continue at Cedar Rapids
Tonight Deb and I went to look for the Short-eared Owls near the Eastern
Iowa Airport that were reported by Jim Forde. We parked at the end of the
runway on Cherry Valley Rd.
Shortly after 5:00 PM we were treated to a group of 5 (five!) Short-eared
Owls, flying in from the west (same as Jim described).
They continued to fly around low over the field for a few minutes and then,
basically one-by-one, took turns casually flying over Cherry Valley Rd into
the fenced in area of the airport. The last one perching on the fence for a
couple minutes to give us a really good look!

Mark & Deb Rolfes
Solon, IA