Date: 1/8/19 6:17 am
From: Paul Plotnick via CTBirds <ctbirds...>
Subject: Re: [CT Birds] Texas
Many years ago on a Spring visit to Houston, we made a birding sidetrip to
Galveston, about an hour away. We stayed overnight in Galveston in a hotel
right on the water where we were awakened at 6 am by Laughing Gulls. We
birded High Island for landbirds-our first Summer Tanagers, Indigo
Buntings, Warblers; then on to nearby areas Anahuac for marsh birds and
overrun with Nutria (perhaps since eliminated) and Bolivar Flats, for shore
birds, Herons, including Reddish Egrets, Pelicans, and Roseate Spoonbills.
You can Google Galveston and even Houston for up-to-date places to stay and
eat. Sorry I can't be more specific. Good luck.