Date: 1/7/19 6:29 am
From: Stefan Martin via CTBirds <ctbirds...>
Subject: Re: [CT Birds] Owls and eBird- A word of caution
Unfortunately by doing it this way, you are still including the Town. Most
folks can make an educated guess or have learned where the owl roost sites
are based on town alone. I think the best way is to not even post these
sightings until the birds have returned North for the breeding season.
Also, it’s upsetting just how many photos of Day-roosting Owls there are on
eBird that show the birds to be alarmed or agitated. Can one justify this
documentation’ for a citizen science program? I think this issue has many
more layers than we think.

Stefan Martin
Stratford