Date: 1/6/19 6:51 pm
From: Charlotte Lukes <clukes...>
Subject: [wisb] feeder birds
I live in central northern Door County and am putting out a lot of suet and
marvel meal as well as sunflower seeds. I also make a mixture of millet and
cracked corn and scatter that on the path under my feeders. There are lots
of chickadees, both nuthatches, downy, hairy and red-bellied woodpeckers and
female and male pileated woodpeckers coming to the feeders. The juncos like
the corn-millet mixture as do the squirrels and the mourning doves. Tree
sparrows often are here during the winter but have not seen any in my yard.
A few wild turkeys walked into the yard recently but blue jays are few and
far between here in winter. So I would say birds are close to normal so far
this winter at my yard.
Charlotte Lukes

Rural Egg Harbor