Date: 1/5/19 12:12 pm
From: Larry via CTBirds <ctbirds...>
Subject: Re: [CT Birds] birding on the Norwalk Aquarium's new ship
Hi Tom,

I have been on the Spirit of the Sound a number of times for their winter
seal cruise, it's a pretty good trip, they slowly go out the harbor, do a
small plankton tow in the harbor then slowly travel west to and around
Green's Legge Light, then east past the south side of the islands from
Sheffield, Shea, Copps and then round Goose and Pecks Ledge Light on back
west past the north side of a few islands on back to port. The go slow the
whole trip and stop often to view seals
Seabirding is very good, with birds all the way, and as long as the weather
is calm, scopes are usable, since the boat is very steady, I'd certainly
recommend the trip, they have limited tickets (about 30) and sell out fast.
I usually go a few times each winter, but they have had a number of
cancelled trips due to weather, mostly wind.
Let me know when your going, I'll hop on board

Larry Flynn
Norwalk.