Date: 1/4/19 10:55 am
From: Kathi Johnson Rock <kathijr777...>
Subject: [wisb] Re: Yes! Hammond's Flycatcher January 1, 2019 [Iowa County]
I know we should not let a bird like this survive through a rescue, but
it's a very sad situation.
Michael and Kathi Rock
Madison, WI, Dane County

On Thu, Jan 3, 2019 at 7:38 AM tracy chiconas <dmarc-noreply...>
wrote:

> It also makes me sad for the bird.
> - Tracy ChiconasMil Witchiconas2sbcglobal.net
> On Wednesday, January 2, 2019, 3:50:18 PM CST, Kris Perlberg <
> <kris...> wrote:
>
> The lack of activity for this bird seems ominous.
> I wonder if it will survive much longer. The temperatures are colder now
> and I’m sure food is scarce if not non-existent.
>
> Makes me a bit sad.
>
> Kris Perlberg
> Stoughton - Dane County
>
> On Jan 2, 2019, at 1:58 PM, Sharon Swiggum <sgswiggum...> wrote:
>
> Yesterday, the Hammond Flycatcher stayed on the ground close to the west
> garage after the significant snowfall. Within three minutes of my arrival
> at 1:22 p.m., it was spotted there. Its coloring blends into the grayish
> dark ground which was the only area without snow cover and it did not leave
> that area or fly while I observed it.
> The site is 1.4 miles not 1.9 miles west from Hwy 130 on Iowa County NN.
> The distance was incorrect in my post last Sunday.
>
> My first bird of 2019 was a Dark-eyed Junco. Followed by House Finch and
> Black-capped Chickadee before the House Sparrow.
>
> Sharon Swiggum
> Richland Center-Richland County

Kathi and Michael Rock
Madison, Wisconsin, Dane County
Zone 4/5
e-mail: <kathijr...>
website: https://sites.google.com/view/hummingbirdgardening/home
telephone: (608) 233-7397

"Hummingbirds.....where is the person, I ask, who, on observing this
glittering
fragment of the rainbow, would not pause, admire, and turn his mind with
reverence..."; (J. J. Audubon)