Date: 1/3/19 3:15 pm
From: Dar Tiede (birding) <woodwarbler49...>
Subject: [wisb] Re: Yes! Hammond's Flycatcher January 1, 2019 [Iowa County]
This is NOT a sighting report. I left the subject line intact so that my comments would stay with the previous discussion thread about possibly rescuing the bird.
The weather is supposed to be above freezing for the next week and the bird may still be hanging in there. I agree with the previous comments by Tim Hahn that the bird is a vagrant and we should let nature be nature. There may be some people who would still like to try for the bird in the coming days. Do we really need to rescue vagrants? In this case, according to the whatbird website, the global population is estimated at 13 million individuals and does not show any signs of decline.

Dar Tiede
Appleton WI, Calumet County

Sent from Mail for Windows 10