Date: 1/3/19 1:59 pm
From: Owen Hanson <wely09...>
Subject: [wisb] Re: New Year's Day Piping Plover in Chicago
Made the trip to Montrose Beach today. Was reasonably certain of
seeing the bird based on the posts over time. The weather forecast was
also super good. I was not disappointed as the bright sun was at my
back and the plover was front lit along the shoreline all morning.

For anyone considering the trek to see/photograph this Piping Plover
you can be reasonably certain of seeing it if you go to the south end
of Montrose Beach and just watch the algae mat along the shoreline.
Also, other birders will be there so if you don't spot it they
will....remember the algae mat.

Special thanks to Leslie Borns whose post made me all but certain to
find the bird.

Owen Hanson
Stevens Point, WI