Date: 1/2/19 5:49 pm
From: Walter Hadlock via VA-bird <va-bird...>
Subject: Re: [VA-bird] Snow geese sightings?
Good evening

Just so everyone is aware of this. Chincoteague Refuge/beach has lots of composting toilets. That should take care of any “nature calls”. There have been some good postings from people who have visited Chincoteague since the “shut down.

Jay Hadlock
Herndon, VA

On Jan 2, 2019, at 8:16 PM, William Hohenstein via VA-bird <va-bird...> wrote:

AC:

According to Friends of Blackwater, it is open to visitors. Chincoteague NWR is open too. I don’t know the status of Bombay Hook.

The facilities at Chincoteague NWR were closed and the bathrooms were not being maintained, but the Park Police were on duty and the automatic gates worked.

My guess is that conditions are similar at the other refuges.

There were snow geese at Chincoteague, about 1700. I found them as fly overs. Not sure where they are amassing within the refuge.

Here is a link to the Friends of Blackwater Facebook site:

https://m.facebook.com/FOBNWR/posts

Sent from my iPhone