Date: 1/2/19 3:04 pm
From: 'Hugh Kingery' via Colorado Birds <cobirds...>
Subject: [cobirds] Denver Urban CBC - Denver, Adams, & Arapahoe
The 30th Urban count tallied about 80 species (some reports not received yet). The weather, cold but pleasant. Thanks to hand-warmers, foot-warmers, and many layers, we all enjoyed the day.

I can't report yet on numbers, although the two Arsenal groups (Urling's and Patrick O'Driscoll) count a grand total of ONE Black-capped Chickadee. Other areas had passable numbers of chickadees.

Rarities:  Cherry Creek Res: Rusty Blackbird  Rocky Mtn Arsenal NWR: Krider's Red-tailed Hawk, Swamp & Lark Sparrow  Two South Platte counts: American Dipper  High Line Canal: Northern Goshawk

Interesting
  Virginia Rail in at least two territories, with fabulous pictures by Doug Kibbe of one walking on the snow
Misses    Herring Gull, seen on all prior counts.
Hugh Kingery