Date: 1/2/19 1:50 pm
From: Kris Perlberg <kris...>
Subject: [wisb] Re: Yes! Hammond's Flycatcher January 1, 2019 [Iowa County]
The lack of activity for this bird seems ominous.

I wonder if it will survive much longer. The temperatures are colder now and I’m sure food is scarce if not non-existent.

Makes me a bit sad.

Kris Perlberg
Stoughton - Dane County

On Jan 2, 2019, at 1:58 PM, Sharon Swiggum <sgswiggum...> wrote:

Yesterday, the Hammond Flycatcher stayed on the ground close to the west garage after the significant snowfall. Within three minutes of my arrival at 1:22 p.m., it was spotted there. Its coloring blends into the grayish dark ground which was the only area without snow cover and it did not leave that area or fly while I observed it.
The site is 1.4 miles not 1.9 miles west from Hwy 130 on Iowa County NN. The distance was incorrect in my post last Sunday.

My first bird of 2019 was a Dark-eyed Junco. Followed by House Finch and Black-capped Chickadee before the House Sparrow.

Sharon Swiggum
Richland Center-Richland County