Date: 1/1/19 1:56 pm
From: Gregory Neu <gneubirdphotographer...>
Subject: [wisb] Re: first bird of 2019! Southeastern MKE
My first bird was a Dark-eyed Junco as well. We had up to nine of them
feeding all day. The only other birds spotted in our feeders were several
Mourning Doves and three Black-capped Chickadees.
I am battling a nasty cold so I stayed in all day. I was hoping to get
Paradise Springs Nature Area (Eagle, WI) to get more pictures of the Belted
Kingfisher that we spotted and photographed on Saturday, December 29,
2018. The bird was loud and active in the late afternoon.

Good birding to all of you in 2019. 2018, my first year birding, was a
blast. Thanks to everyone for your ongoing reports. Because of them I was
able to see and photograph many birds, some of which I never knew existed
in Wisconsin.

Greg Neu
Waukesha, Waukesha County