Date: 12/31/18 3:37 pm
From: Jon Barrett <jonbarrettphoto...>
Subject: RE: [MDBirding] Re: Annual Birding Report Returns
Libre Office is an (even better) free open source alternative to MS Office. It “forked” from Open Office several years ago (think of it as a new species evolving from the core program) and has generally been more dynamic.



Jon



Greenbelt, MD



From: <mdbirding...> <mdbirding...> On Behalf Of John McElroy
Sent: Monday, December 31, 2018 5:03 PM
To: David Powell <seneca.ranger...>; JAMES SPEICHER <jugornought...>
Cc: md birding <mdbirding...>
Subject: Re: [MDBirding] Re: Annual Birding Report Returns



Use Google Docs (for MS Word files) and Sheets (for MS Excel files) easily accessed via Chrome web browser. Another option is to download and use Open Office, a free open source alternative to MS Office.

On 12/31/18 4:56 PM, David Powell wrote:

Jim,



Good question, I have no idea how it would be done.



An easier way is to print out the form and mail it to me.



Dave



On Mon, Dec 31, 2018 at 4:45 PM JAMES SPEICHER <jugornought...> <mailto:<jugornought...> > wrote:

I've heard that Google somehow allows one to "work up" Excel documents
without needing OFFICE. If that's not true, it leaves some people up
a creek. If true, it would be nice to know how that's done.

Jim S

On 12/31/18, David Powell <seneca.ranger...> wrote:
> Hi Everyone,
>
> I have attached the 2018 annual birding reporting form. Many thanks to Russ
> Ruffing for revising his last form and for Joe Hanfman sharing county list
> numbers. I have removed a couple of items, but have tried to keep most of
> the data the same as previous years.
>
> Please save and return the form to me by the January 31st deadline. I will
> respond to each email verifying I have received your form. I will be out of
> the country for a week in mid-January and will not be able to respond to
> emails during this time.
>
> I look forward to seeing your 2018 lists. Please email me if you have any
> questions.
>
> Happy New Year
>
> Dave
>
>
> On Sun, Dec 23, 2018 at 10:10 AM David Powell <seneca.ranger...> <mailto:<seneca.ranger...> >
> wrote:
>
>> Hi Everyone,
>>
>> I have volunteered to take over the annual MD/DC birding report. While I
>> will be trying to incorporate as much as possible from the great reports
>> Russ Ruffing compiled in past years, it may be a bit more limited in
>> scope.
>>
>> A reporting form and instructions will be coming out next week.
>>
>> Happy Holidays,
>>
>> Dave Powell
>> Germantown, MD
>>
>
> --
> -- You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Group
> 'Maryland & DC Birding'.
> To view group guidelines or change email preferences, visit this group on
> the web at http://www.mdbirding.com
> Unfamiliar with a hotspot mentioned on this list? Quickly locate it here -
> http://www.mdbirding.com/hotspot.html
>

--
-- You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Group 'Maryland & DC Birding'.
To view group guidelines or change email preferences, visit this group on the web at http://www.mdbirding.com
Unfamiliar with a hotspot mentioned on this list? Quickly locate it here - http://www.mdbirding.com/hotspot.html

--
-----------------
John McElroy
Haddonfield, NJ

--
-- You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Group 'Maryland & DC Birding'.
To view group guidelines or change email preferences, visit this group on the web at http://www.mdbirding.com
Unfamiliar with a hotspot mentioned on this list? Quickly locate it here - http://www.mdbirding.com/hotspot.html

--
-- You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Group 'Maryland & DC Birding'.
To view group guidelines or change email preferences, visit this group on the web at http://www.mdbirding.com
Unfamiliar with a hotspot mentioned on this list? Quickly locate it here - http://www.mdbirding.com/hotspot.html

 
Join us on Facebook!